Executive Director & Director
XM1 Senior Manager 1; XM2 Senior Manager 2
Department of Families
Legislation and Strategic Policy , Corporate Services
Advertisement Number: 37519
Salary(s): XM1 $88,267.00 – $108,429.00 per year ; XM2 $95,171.00 – $113,800.00 per year
Closing Date: May 10, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
This opportunity is to fill 2 positions:
- XM1 Director, Corporate Support Branch
- XM2 Executive Director, Legislative & Strategic Policy Branch (LSPB)
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form and a resume. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search
- Post secondary degree in social services, Economics, Public Administration or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Experience as a senior leader to create, support and sustain a diverse environment that enable staff to achieve results
- Experience and/or ability to lead and coordinate complex and strategic policy projects related to legislation and intergovernmental relations.
- Ability to leverage opportunities for innovation, find creative solutions and successfully manage change
- Management experience with responsibility for human resources
- Experience translating strategic priorities into clear operational and business plans and experience with strategic performance management measurement systems (e.g. key performance indicators, balanced scorecards)
- Political acumen demonstrated through experience providing strategic advice to senior leaders on complex topics and sensitive issues
- Strong written communication skills with experience writing and/or reviewing complex reports and information
- Superior interpersonal skills to negotiate and establish productive working relationships with a wide range of staff across government, other governments and with external stakeholdersPost secondary degree in social services, Economics, Public Administration or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
1. The Executive Director of LSPB is responsible to lead and manage the branch and provide advice and support on strategic policy issues (including leading all legislative projects and intergovernmental relations work for the department) to the Minister, DM, ADM and other senior management in the department.
2. The Director of the Corporate Support Branch is responsible to lead and manage the branch, which is responsible for functions that require coordination and consistency across the department as well as compliance with legislation, regulations and standards, and provide advice and support to the ADM and senior management across the department.
Position descriptions are available upon request.
Advertisement # 37519
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form and a resume. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source