Executive Director, Leaf Rapids Initiative
XM3 Senior Manager 3
Secondment; Acting Status (Temporary)
Indigenous and Northern Relations
Finance and Administration
Advertisement Number: 37439
Salary(s): XM3 $98,670.00 – $117,866.00 per year
Closing Date: June 17, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an Application Screening Form. Complete the Application Screening Form at the link below. If you are having difficulty opening the link, you may have to use a different browser. You may also contact Human Resource Services (contact information under “Apply to”) to request a copy of the Application Screening Form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this Application Screening Form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Click here to access the application form.
As a member of the department’s management team, the Executive Director is responsible to lead and manage the Leaf Rapids Initiative for Indigenous and Northern Relations, provide advice and support to the Deputy Minister.
The Executive Director will assume leadership and coordination of the Leaf Rapids Initiative within the Manitoba government and will be the principal point of contact with First Nation leaders and Canada in efforts to establish a First Nation reserve in the small northern municipality of Leaf Rapids.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A diploma or degree in business administration, a social or physical science, public administration or a related discipline. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Highly developed political acumen for the purposes of navigating and resolving highly sensitive and contentious issues through the use of diplomacy and tact
- Experience managing complex, high-level internal and external stakeholder relationships in a collaborative manner
- Experience providing leadership and direction in the design of legislation, policies and programs
- Strong financial acumen with experience in budgeting and financial management
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, leverage opportunities for innovation and find creative solutions to issues
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Advanced written communication skills for the purposes of drafting, reviewing, and editing a wide variety of documents and correspondence
- Ability to successfully facilitate, collaborate and build consensus amongst parties that have competing interests
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and issues in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating inter-departmental and ideally inter-jurisdictional projects. The position requires strong collaboration and policy analysis skills, combined with the ability to prepare and present recommendations to Deputy Ministers, Ministers and committees of Cabinet.
- The Executive Director will provide regular updates on this initiative to Treasury Board and will implement direction to lead exploratory discussions with First Nations and Canada. Also required to develop and present alternatives for consideration by the Manitoba government should efforts to establish a First Nation reserve be unsuccessful, and will coordinate the implementation of any alternatives determined for Leaf Rapids.
- Pending direction from Treasury Board, oversee and coordinate the activities of Manitoba government departments in relation to the future of Leaf Rapids. This may include the relocation and rehousing of Leaf Rapids residents, reduction of local services and demolition of community infrastructure.
- Regularly prepare and review submissions for Treasury Board, and lead briefings of Deputy Ministers and Ministers regarding those submissions.
- Understand, analyse and present implications associated with decisions affecting Leaf Rapids.
- Oversee and coordinate the work of Manitoba government departments to deliver individual projects that support the Leaf Rapids Initiative.
- Pending direction from Treasury Board, lead negotiations with First Nation leaders and Canada in efforts to establish a First Nation reserve at Leaf Rapids.
Advertisement # 37439
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source