Executive Director, Mental Health, Wellness and Recovery
XM2 Executive Director, Mental Health, Wellness and Recovery
Department of Mental Health, Wellness and Recovery
Mental Health and Recovery
Advertisement Number: 37253
Salary(s): XM2 $95,171.00 – $113,800.00 per year
Closing Date: July 9, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Open until exhausted
Mental Health, Wellness and Recovery is looking for an Executive Director to provide leadership and oversight to the department.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Bachelors Degree in Health, Social Sciences or Public Administration. A relevant combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Extensive leadership experience in the areas of mental health or addictions including: Operational, human resources and financial management.
- Experience leading the design and implementation of legislation, regulations, policies and programs
- Experience translating strategic priorities into clear operational plans and developing metrics to measure performance
- Political acumen demonstrated through experience providing strategic advice to senior leaders on complex topics and sensitive issues.
- Strong verbal communication skills to effectively relay complex and sensitive information to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written communication skills to develop briefing material involving complex and sensitive matters
- Ability to analyze and synthesize evidence based data to develop and implement recommendations and solutions
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders to ensure a whole-of-government approach to mental health and recovery.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Mental Health Act, the Addictions Foundation Act and the Youth Drug Stabilization Act.
- Experience building relationships with Indigenous people and implementing the principles of reconciliation.
- Masters Degree in Health, Social Services or Public Administration
Reporting to the Assistant Deputy Minister, the Executive Director of Mental Health and Recovery will ensure an integrated, whole-of-government approach to providing mental health policy and program supports. Working as strategic and visionary leader, the Executive Director will lead the Branch in advancing mental health, wellness, and recovery service delivery, overseeing the provincial mental health strategic plan and ensuring service delivery partners and grant funded organizations align with the strategic goals and objectives for Manitoba in the areas of mental health, wellness, addictions, recovery, and co-occurring disorders.
Advertisement # 37253
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source