Executive Director, Quality and Citizen Experience
XM2 Executive Director, Quality and Citizen Experience
Department of Health, Seniors, and Active Living
Quality and Citizen Experience, Population Health
Advertisement Number: 36960
Salary(s): XM2 $95,171.00 – $113,800.00 per year
Closing Date: March 21, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living is looking for an Executive Director to Lead the Quality and Citizen Experience Branch.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post-secondary education in healthcare related field. A relevant combination of education and experience may be considered
- Extensive experience leading quality improvement, patient safety initiatives and critical incident management within a healthcare setting
- Experience leading and influencing cultural changes within the health system to: improve health outcomes; improve patient experience; and encourage and enable citizens to hold health care organizations accountable.
- Experience leading the development of strategic initiatives for patient and public engagement.
- Extensive leadership experience including: operational, human resource and financial management
- Experience translating strategic priorities into clear operational plans and developing metrics to measure performance
- Experience leading the design and implementation of legislation, regulations, policies and programs including building coalitions for delivery of health system change
- Strong understanding of the organization and administration of the Manitoba health care system.
- Strong understanding of the accreditation process within the Manitoba health system
- Strong leadership skills to empower staff, leverage opportunities for innovation, find creative solutions to issues, and successfully manage change.
- Strong verbal communication skills to effectively relay complex and sensitive information to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written communication skills to develop briefing material involving complex and sensitive matters
- Strong political acumen to providing strategic advice to senior leaders on complex topics and sensitive issues
- Ability to analyze and synthesize evidence based data to develop and implement recommendations and solutions
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
The Executive Director is a member of Manitoba Health’s management team. The Executive Director of the Quality and Citizen Experience branch is a visionary leader that believes in the importance of focusing on improved health outcomes that matter to people, as opposed to the health system. This position provides leadership and oversight to advance health system quality, authentic citizen/patient engagement, patient safety, and people-centred care to ensure that Manitobans can rely on a responsive citizen-centric and high performing health care delivery system. Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the development of strategic planning, human resource, financial and business plans for the branch that reflect government direction, department goals, legislation and public expectations.
- Creating a dynamic Quality and Citizen Experience branch that seeks to improve one of the key components of the Quadruple Aim; that of improving the patient experience of care (including quality and satisfaction)
- Managing human and financial resources of the branch to deliver on operational and strategic objectives, monitor performance and ensure accountability.
- Managing a team of staff to achieve program, operational and service objectives, in addition to fostering a respectful workplace culture that promotes diversity, learning and continuous improvement.
- Leading and influencing a change in culture in the health system reflective of improved citizen experience and patient care.
- Maintaining collaborative relationships with internal, and external stakeholders to represent the interests and position of the department on internal and inter-jurisdictional issues and initiatives.
- Working with key partners in Indigenous organizations to ensure that the indigenous patient experience is heard and incorporated into quality and satisfaction.
- Supporting the Deputy Minister, Assistant Deputy Minister and other senior government officials through the provision of strategic policy advice and recommendations and by directing the preparation of authority seeking documents and/or ministerial correspondence.
Advertisement # 36960
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source