VT4 Veterinarian Medical Officer 4
Agriculture and Resource Development
Animal Health and Welfare Branch, Stewardship and Assurance
Advertisement Number: 36395
Salary(s): VT4 $98,818.00 – $125,885.00 per year
Closing Date: October 1, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Candidates who possess board certification from a CVMA accredited educational institute or the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners may be eligible for qualification pay.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Licensed to practice veterinary medicine in Manitoba or eligible for licensure with the ability to obtain prior to hire
- A valid class 5 driver’s license and access to the vehicle
- Ability to work unpredictable hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to travel within province
- Maintain appropriate personal vaccination status for rabies
- Must be physically willing and able to work in adverse weather and environmental conditions including veterinary field work
- Degree of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from an educational institute accredited by the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association, or successful completion of the North American Licensing Exam (NAVLE) and other pre-requisite exams required to obtain a full licence to practice in Manitoba
- Experience working as a practicing livestock/farmed Animal Veterinarian
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills with the ability to act with tact and diplomacy and maintain composure when faced with contentious issues
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Superior written communication skills
- Excellent oral communication skills used to deliver information and training (formally and informally) to individuals and groups in a clear, organized manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Advanced graduate training or board certification relevant to farmed animal or population medicine from a CVMA accredited educational institute or the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners
Reporting to the Chief Veterinary Officer, the Extension Veterinarian is responsible for developing, delivering and coordinating programs, primarily to provide veterinary support, advice and guidance to stakeholders, producers, and the public with respect to livestock health in Manitoba. The Extension Veterinarian provides provincial leadership and coordination in all aspects of livestock health and production and works with specific stakeholders and other branches to develop strategic plans and priorities.
Advertisement # 36395
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source