Facility Manager 4
FM4 Facility Manager 4
Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services
Operations – District 4, Asset Management
The Pas MB
Advertisement Number: 40041
Salary(s): FM4 $62,567.00 – $84,376.00 per year Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable.
Closing Date: November 27, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Pas community is one of the oldest and most striking settlements in northern Manitoba. Boasting one of the three true blue lakes in existence outdoor adventure abounds set to the raw natural beauty that attracts visitors from around the world. The Gateway to the North – a bountiful, proud, and progressive community now firmly based upon a solid and diversified industrial foundation of agriculture, transportation, and tourism. The Manitoba government has a comprehensive benefits package which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment program, maternity and parental leave, and a defined pension plan (Some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- Must be capable of working in a high risk environment and able to work with correctional inmates.
- Must be able to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Security Check.
- Must have the ability to travel.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position, including wearing Personal Protective Equipment.
- Technical Certification is required. Major trade designation such as 5th Class Power Engineering certificate, FMA or RPA designation or an equivalent combination of knowledge, skills and experience in a facility/property managed environment.
- Experience in facility/property management, building operations and maintenance (security systems, electrical, plumbing, carpentry).
- Knowledge of the Workplace Safety & Health Act and safe work practices.
- Knowledge of building and fire codes.
- Excellent computers skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Strong decision making skills with the ability to problem solve.
- Experience in client relations and human resource management.
- Knowledge of budgets and cash flows.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of SAP.
Under the general direction of the District Property Manager, the Facility Manager is responsible for managing the operation, maintenance and administration of The Pas Court House and Correctional Institute and North Annex including human resources, budget, capital assets and maintenance management to meet the needs of the client program(s), one of which is for the incarceration of high-risk offenders. Responsibility for the complexes includes care maintenance of all outside grounds (winter and summer) along with purchasing and maintaining all related yard maintenance equipment.
Advertisement # 40041
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source