Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc. is seeking an enthusiastic and skilled person for the position of Family Service Worker. CFS-CM is a non-profit charitable organization with a history of applying innovative models in service delivery. We use a strength-based approach in supporting families. This position is located in Portage la Prairie.
• To accept referrals from Intake on clients deemed appropriate under the Child and Family Services Act.
• Provide on-going assessment, case planning and case management services on assigned files.
• To make appropriate referrals to other community services for treatment or other services where required.
• To bring children into the care of the agency, where appropriate, and to act in the best interests of those children.
• To work collaboratively with foster parents, other workers and other service providers to ensure the best interest of client families.
• Be familiar with and to comply with all provincial legislation, regulations and standards and with Agency and Authority policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor of Social Work or Masters of Social Work with a background in Child and Family Services required.
• Eligible to be registered with the College of Social Work
• A valid driver’s license is required. The successful candidate will be subject to Criminal Records, Child Abuse and Prior Contact Checks.
• Experience with computers, the ability to prioritize and organize tasks, interpersonal skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Experience working both independently and as part of a team are required.
Salary: As per CUPE Local #2483 Collective Agreement
*Job Description available upon request.
Please apply by way of resume and covering letter to Chris Chabbert, Executive Director, Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc., 25 – 3rd Street S.E., Portage la Prairie, MB R1N 1N1; or by e-mail to email@example.com.
Only those candidates being considered will be contacted for an interview
Application deadline: Open until filled
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source