This job opportunity is being advertised on behalf of the following organization and is not a Manitoba government civil service position.
Family Support Driver
Department of Families
Winnipeg Child and Family Services, Community Service Delivery
Advertisement Number: 4024
Salary(s): FSD $14.55 – $14.85 per hour
Closing Date: March 30, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
Winnipeg Child and Family Services (WCFS) provides a comprehensive continuum of child protection and family support services in Winnipeg in accordance with The Child and Family Services Act and The Adoption Act. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for Winnipeg Child and Family Services’ Family Support Program which has a number of opportunities for casual Family Support Drivers providing service within the city of Winnipeg. Winnipeg Child and Family Services partners with community to provide supportive and preventive services to families; provides protection services to children at risk of abuse and neglect; develops and provides basic and specialized placement services to meet the needs of children in care; provides preservation and reunification services to families; and provides adoptive and post-adoptive services along with guardianship responsibilities to children, youth and families when reunification is no longer an option.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check, and Prior Contact Check
- Must provide a satisfactory Children’s Aid Check (if year of birth is prior to 1985)
- Must be able to work flexible hours including, days, evenings and weekends
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position which may include reaching, bending and lifting up to 25 kilograms or 55 pounds
- Ability to travel within the Winnipeg area
- Experience working with children and families in a supportive manner
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills including the ability to exercise good judgement
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to effectively handle emerging demands and complete service within specified time frames
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with children, families, co-workers and collaterals
- Knowledge of child development and behaviour including the effects of abuse and neglect
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to treat information in a confidential manner
- Awareness of cultural values and differences
- Experience working with high risk, high needs children and youth
- Ability to speak a second language, such as; French, Congolese, Somali, Rwandese and East Indian
Reporting to the Transportation Coordinator, the Family Support Driver position within the Family Support Program is responsible for safely driving newborns and children up to age 18 to family visits, medical appointments, school and daycare. The Driver must possess the ability to effectively communicate and relate to children, families, and care providers in a caring and supportive manner. A full position description is available upon request.
Advertisement # 4024
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source