Red River Mutual is a progressive insurance company with a focus on our customers and employees. We believe everyone has a right to feel safe and protected, and to know that someone is looking out for them. So, we treat our employees like family members – we’ll be honest with them, support them, offer a listening ear, admit when we’re wrong and be a positive force in their lives and in our communities.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Farm Underwriting Supervisor leads a team of underwriters to underwrite all applications for insurance in accordance with company underwriting policies and procedures. A Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day management and development of their team, which may include performance management, reviewing individual applications of insurance, evaluating the degree of risk involved and suggesting recommendations or rejection of the applications. As a Supervisor you will be required to develop high levels of subject matter expertise and provide strong leadership and direction to all members of your team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
• Lead a team of farm underwriters and support staff
• Maintain knowledge of underwriting procedures, company rate manuals and other various coverages
• Enter policies and understand policy details by checking the policy on the policy management system
• Assess and accept/decline risk within underwriting guidelines and within your approved binding authority
• Consult and collaborate with stakeholders regarding unique or unusual risks to minimize adverse risk selection and to maintain the quality and profitability of the portfolio, and refer risks outside binding authority
• Provide technical advice, training, mentoring, and coaching to members of your team and brokers
• Collaborate with Account Managers to ensure corporate objectives and broker engagement is purposeful and meaningful
• Assist in building a sales environment within the department and teams
• Support the broker relationship; this includes commitments to broker visits and contact with key broker partners
• Be a positive advocate and ambassador for Red River Mutual both internally and externally
• Lead the performance monitoring of your team and brokers and collaborate with your Manager and HR as needed
• Manage the assigning of workflows and teams on a day-to-day basis and perform quarterly audits for your team
• Set Team goals that reflect the objectives of the department and business model of Red River Mutual
• To motivate, coach and hold accountable staff under your direction in the business
• Administer timely performance reviews, assessing needs for education, rewards and setting direction
• Embody and influence the organization to have the following leadership competencies: Team Player/Collaboration, Strong Communication Skills/Interpersonal Skills, Emotional Intelligence, Respect Diversity, Nurtures Growth, Decision Making/Problem Solving/Critical Thinking Skills, Motivates and Inspires People.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
• Minimum of High school diploma with a business degree, CIP or working towards, and/or equivalent professional qualification an asset
• Minimum 3-5 years of Insurance related experience; relevant product and industry knowledge
• Management/leadership experience considered an asset
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong problem solving, analytics, and decision-making skills
• Shows high flexibility and ability to adapt to change
• Proven experience in customer service and managing the customer experience (including brokers)
• Integrity with confidential and private personnel and customer information
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
View original article here Source