We currently have an opening for a Field Support Person, responsible for providing an on-site presence to support our design offerings and coordinate construction of overhead and underground electrical and telecommunication infrastructure. This is a casual / seasonal position until the end of the year.
• Performing site visits to rural and remote communities to collect and record measurements, pictures, and field information
• Meet customers on site to discuss electrical and telecommunications requirements
• Providing markups, pictures, and concepts/sketches to the engineer-of-record for designs
• Preparing site visit reports to communicate relevant design and safety information
• Attending pre-construction meetings to coordinate construction tasks
• Conducting progress inspections for safety and design conformity
• Communicating construction issues clearly to design staff, contractors, and clients
• Providing ongoing technical support, customer care, and quality assurance on-site
• Inspecting constructed works and providing markups, pictures, and other documentation to the engineer-of-record for completion review
• Other duties as required
• Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and pride in their work
• Demonstrate from previous experience their ability to learn and adapt to changing environments
• Demonstrated self-motivation and drive for improvement
• Class 5 driver’s license
A few qualifications that would help you succeed:
• Have a strong technical background in electric utility construction
• Provide experienced feedback regarding electrical designs and workmanship
• Previous knowledge of and experience with utility design standards
• Previous utility construction management experience
• Great interpersonal skills with the ability to develop business relationships conducted in a professional manner
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, Health Care Spending Account, flexible work schedules, paid vacation, Company Matching RRSP, flex days, and several career and professional development opportunities.
This position may require the successful candidate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. It may also require the successful candidate to undergo regular COVID-19 testing
If you are ready for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the industry, please send your resume in confidence to email@example.com
Please Note, you must be legally able to work in Canada
We thank all candidates for their application however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Please see www.primaryeng.com for this and other positions we are recruiting.
View original article here Source