This job opportunity is being advertised on behalf of the following organization and is not a Manitoba government civil service position.
Finance and Administration Clerk
6XB Grade 2
Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA)
Finance and Administration Unit
Advertisement Number: 37788
Salary(s): 6XB $40,115.00 – $48,153.00 per year The LGCA has a comprehensive pay and benefits package.
Closing Date: June 28, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A CIVIL SERVICE POSITION
The Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA) regulates the province’s liquor, gaming and cannabis industries. We license liquor sales, service and manufacturing; gaming employees, products and operations; and retail cannabis stores. We strive to serve the public interest by regulating these industries in a respectful, impartial and balanced manner.
The LGCA is seeking a highly motivated individual to work within the Finance and Administration Unit.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment
The successful candidate must have:
- A high school diploma and 1-3 years of experience in an administrative and clerical support role in a financial area including basic accounting and business communications. A combination of education and experience may be considered
- Proficient keyboarding and data entry skills with a high level of accuracy and outstanding attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience with accounts payable and receivable processes, with the ability to reconcile fees and balances, prepare documents, and complete month end and year end reporting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills to interact with internal and external stakeholders respectfully
- Experience working in a confidential environment and handling sensitive information
- Knowledge and experience analyzing data, making decisions, and solving problems
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple work demands and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency with computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and financial applications (e.g. GPD, SAP) with the ability to adapt to new and specialty databases and programs (POS systems/Moneris terminal)
- Experience with general office duties and use of business machines such as a photocopier, scanner, fax, computer, printer and adding machine
The following qualifications are desired:
- Demonstrated experience working with the LGCA Regulatory Management System (RMS), as well as a working knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics
- Proficiency in French
The Finance and Administration Clerk provides administrative and clerical support to the Finance and Administration Unit. Financial support will include, but not limited to: assistance with accounts receivable and payable functions including reconciling fees, payments and balances; importing data from the Regulatory Management System (RMS) to Dynamics; preparing weekly deposits; administering monthly postings, financial reports and payments; completing month end and year end processing and reporting. Administrative support will include, but not limited to: managing and ordering supplies; filing; occasional organization of tradespeople, the landlord and cleaners; assistance in the coordination of office changes; and assistance with general office administration.
• An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months
• Applicants may be required to write a screening/selection test
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
• Circumstances may arise where the competition may need to be withdrawn
• A positive attendance record will be a consideration in the screening process
• Satisfactory work performance in the preceding 12 months is required
• A satisfactory Criminal Records Check must be produced and maintained
• Extensive use of a computer (approx. 80%) and may sit for extended periods of time
• Occasional lifting of objects weighing 7 – 9 kilograms (supplies, boxes of paper, etc.)
The LGCA has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity leave top-up plan, family related leave and a defined benefit pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers). The LGCA also has ergonomic workstations and free parking. Training, educational support and career development opportunities are also available.
Please quote your name and the advertisement number in the subject line of your email. Please submit your cover letter, resume and any other documents in PDF format. The LGCA does not accept .zip files or links to Google Docs, Dropbox or any cloud-based storage systems as a replacement for PDF documents.
Advertisement # 37788
Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority
Human Resource Services
1055 Milt Stegall Drive
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 0Z6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source