PEGUIS COMMUNITY SUPPORTS AND SERVICES
POSITION TITLE: FINANCE CLERK
DEPARTMENT: SUPPORT SERVICES
POSITION REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
POSITION SUMMARY: The Finance Clerk will be responsible for managing all finance related duties for all programs within the Peguis Community Supports and Services organization (medical transportation and Huddle Selkirk Youth Hub) including accounts payable, accurately completing payroll with all requisite deductions, and maintaining appropriate financial documentation through an organized system of filing. Other responsibilities will include submitting monthly reports to accounting, making accurate monthly remittances, recording deposits to the General Ledger as well as process payable cheques, providing assistance with annual audit working papers, ensuring the timely and accurate invoicing and vouchering, updating the internal database and administrative duties related to the Finance Department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Function and duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Organized filing of all appropriate documents
• Monthly submissions to accounting
• Monthly remittances
• Manage accounts payable
• Prepare payroll
• Invoice clients
• Prepare reports for accounts payable.
• Store, update and retrieve financial data
• Perform clerical duties, such as maintaining filing and record systems
• Answer customer inquiries
• Process claims and vouchers for payment
• Enter invoices
• Match invoices with purchase orders
• Check all claims for accuracy
• Verify account codes and signatures for proper assignment of budgetary expenditures
• Acts as first line contact with vendors regarding billing problems
• Keeps Controller & Assistant Controller informed of potential accounting and billing problems
• Serve as a back-up for various accounting and administrative functions
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Key Working Relationships:
o Executive Director
o Chief Financial Officer
o Staff and Clients
• Achieving and maintaining customer service of Peguis Community Supports and Services
• Maintaining annual budget and operational efficiency targets
• Achieving annual work plan outcomes
• Maintaining current performance appraisals for all reports
• University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or a related field
• Strong working knowledge of accounts payable functions
• Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Practices
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite
• Demonstrated ability using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
• Three (3) years’ related experience is required.
• Experience with budget, accounting, and reporting systems.
• Perform mathematical computations accurately and quickly
• Extensive, experience and knowledge in dealing with accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, business planning, and asset management is desirable
• Advanced proficiency with […] accounting software and spreadsheet programs and applications an asset
• Experience creating and managing budgets for a large, distributed organization
• Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
• Accurate data entry skills with a minimum 60 words per minute
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to exercise initiative and good judgement in determining work priorities
• Good organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with staff, outside agencies and the public is required
• Ability to work with a variety of sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to work with frequent interruptions
• Good physical and mental health to meet the demands of the position
• Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
• High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
• Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
• Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor
• A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
• Excellent teamwork and team building skills
• Excellent communication skills; written and verbal, demonstrating considerable judgement, courtesy, and tact.
• Acknowledge inquiries/issues in a timely manner
• Ethical decision making based on the betterment of the organization and budgetary considerations
• Ability to foster and maintain positive working relationships both individually and in a team setting
• Demonstrated organization, prioritization, and time management skills.
• Completes and maintains a satisfactory pre-employment security check
• Satisfactory employment record
• The incumbent functions autonomously on a day-to-day basis and manages assigned duties accordingly.
View original article here Source