FI4 Financial Officer 4
Analytical Services, Central Finance
Advertisement Number: 37906
Salary(s): FI4 $65,042.00 – $78,527.00 per year
Closing Date: August 9, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Central Finance Division is responsible for ensuring Manitoba Finance is operating in a manner that is transparent, controlled, and in-line with government mandates and financial policies. Central Finance provides shared financial services and budget oversight for various departments, including Finance, Executive Council, Civil Service Commission, Crown Services, Legislative and Public Affairs and Central Services. The division also provides centralized administrative functions related to accounts payable and payroll services for all of government. Central Finance oversees the distribution and utilization of supported departments’ budgets and FTEs, and ensures a continuous and accurate flow of funds throughout the departments. Additionally, the Division is responsible for ensuring that Senior Leaders are equipped with the advice necessary for effective decision-making, and that Manitoba Finance and other departments effectively execute on government’s priorities.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- A professional accounting designation, or post-secondary education and completion of the intermediate level of a recognized accounting program with supplementary accounting experience.
- Experience applying the General Accepted Accounting Principles, with an understanding of internal control concepts and accrual accounting practices.
- Experience interpreting and applying accounting and financial processes, statues, regulations, and policies.
- Experience with budgeting processes, procedures, analysis, and reporting.
- Strong political acumen, with experience providing technical advice or recommendations to senior leaders.
- Organizational skills with the ability to function with responsible independence, self-discipline and a high degree of initiative, while exercising sound judgement and managing multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with senior management, other government departments, and agencies.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills. Must be able to identify and understand the impact of issues and proposals across the financial management system.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for providing continuous financial and analytical support for enhanced management, control, and accountability of departmental resources including the support and maintenance of integrated program budgeting and reporting systems. This includes providing assistance with the preparation, analysis, and review of departmental expenditure forecasting and reporting requirements with a particular focus on the integration and utilization of the corporate financial and human resource system into this process and the provision of accurate and timely information required by management.
Advertisement # 37906
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source