CL3 Administrative, Clerical and Support Services
Brandon Correctional Centre , Community Safety
Advertisement Number: 39682
Salary(s): CL3 $1,669.68 – $1,915.45 bi-weekly
Closing Date: September 16, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
The incumbent is a member of the Administrative Support Group at Brandon Correctional Centre. Reporting to and working under the general direction of the Manager, Financial Services, the incumbent is responsible for providing financial and administrative support services. The primary responsibility is for daily procurement and payment activities within the SAP environment. The incumbent will assist other administrative support staff and is cross-trained to backfill various administrative positions as required to meet operational needs To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Provide and maintain a satisfactory Child Abuse and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Enhanced Internal Security Screening
- Experience performing accounting transactions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, performing reconciliations and/or creating financial reports
- Administrative assistant certificate/diploma or post-secondary education in office/business administration or equivalent experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Effective verbal communication skills with the ability to provide information in a clear and concise manner
- Effective written communication skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize workloads and effectively manage deadlines
- Ability to problem solve, make sound decisions and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to maintain accuracy with attention to detail
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Experience working with SAP or an equivalent software
The incumbent is assigned the SAP F1-Display, F1-Program Accounting, PR-Departmental Requisitioner, PR-Display and PR-Receiver roles and is responsible for maintaining computerized accounting system (SAP program) for institutional funds in order that public funds are accounted for and controlled in accordance with standard Financial Operating Procedures, the Financial Administration Act (FAM), the General Manual of Administration (GMA) and Department and Divisional Directives.
The incumbent is expected to perform all processing activities as assigned by designated SAP roles ensuring compliance with policies, procedures and guidelines applicable in the SAP environment.
Advertisement # 39682
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source