Financial Officer, Programs Administration
FI5 Financial Officer 5
Agriculture and Resource Development
Policy, Policy and Transformation
Advertisement Number: 37241
Salary(s): FI5 $67,671.00 – $86,584.00 per year
Closing Date: March 15, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The position’s main responsibility is the financial management of the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) Bilateral Agreement that includes the budget as well as the financial and performance reporting processes. The position ensures that CAP financial allocations and utilization are consistent with the terms of the CAP Bilateral Agreement as well as that funding programs comply with relevant legislation, policies and procedure.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have and maintain a satisfactory criminal record check
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and ability to travel throughout Manitoba
- Post secondary education in financial management and accounting may include a professional designation in accounting or equivalent combination of related education, training and experience may be considered
- Extensive experience reviewing and preparing financial reports such as cash flows, budget preparation and financial projections
- Supervisory experience including planning and allocating resources, recruitment and selection, performance management and labour related issues such as grievances etc.
- Experience working with legal agreements and documents including, reviewing and interpreting information and applying it against established legislation, provincial and federal financial and/or administrative processes
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to create clear and concise written performance and financial reports, clearly articulate complex financial information in a manner easily understood by decision makers
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on MS Excel including manipulating data, using complex formulas, macros and pivot tables
- Experience assessing compliance on financial and administrative matters, including internal controls
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to foster collaboration and partnerships
- Experience working with financial management systems to review, organize and produce reports for various audiences
- Effective verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver information in a clear and organized manner to a wide variety of audiences
- Political acumen with the ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters with tact and diplomacy
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet changing deadlines
This position represents Manitoba as the Designated Financial Officer for all financial matters related to the request, use, reallocation and reprofiling of the federal funding as identified within the CAP Multilateral Framework and Bilateral Agreement. Responsibility will also include advisement on the development and implementation of any agreements that the program administrator may enter into with third parties. This position will manage the provincial matching allocation to ensure the required provincial matching funds are appropriately identified and included in financial fund matching reporting. This position will conduct program audit reviews to ensure departmental policies for accountability and comptrollership are being met.
Advertisement # 37241
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source