FI3 Financial Officer 3
Highway Regional Operations, Technical Services & Operations
Advertisement Number: 37689
Salary(s): FI3 $59,179.00 – $71,038.00 per year
Closing Date: June 20, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Financial Officer will provide instruction and interpretation of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, General Manual of Administration, Financial Administration Manual, Departmental of Finance policies, department policies. The incumbent will review process and procedures and modify as required to improve effectiveness and efficiency content and formatting for financial information.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Accounting diploma/certificate/degree/designation or currently enrolled in a professional accounting designation program (CPA, CMA, CGA, CA) or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in preparing and analysing financial statements/reports, budgets and comptrollership functions.
- Experience with financial and administrative processes, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Experience in SAP including financial processes, reports, accounts payable and receivable.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including working with complex excel functions and spreadsheets.
- Written communication skills to prepare complex financial reports for senior management.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Verbal communication skills to deal with a wide range of individuals.
- Organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
The Financial Officer is responsible for managing the day-to-day financial accounting requirements of the region. This includes oversight of all disbursements, revenues and recoveries, assisting with the development of budgets, cashflows and variance explanations, problem solving, maintaining financial function relations with all client departments and for day-to-day branch administrative matters. This position is responsible for implementing Corporate Services (Financial Services) comptrollership initiatives throughout the region and acts as a financial resource to all program managers within the regional operations.
Advertisement # 37689
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source