SP1 Social Services Worker 1
Department of Families
Regional Social Services – Eastern Region, Community Service Delivery
Portage la Prairie MB
Advertisement Number: 36858
Salary(s): SP1 $44,276.00 – $51,671.00 per year
Closing Date: November 29, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created to fill similar regular, term, part-time and/or full-time positions in Portage La Prairie and will remain in effect for 6 months.
A detailed position description is available upon request.
The Financial Worker functions as a member of a case management team responsible for providing Employment and Income Assistance program services. The Employment and Income Assistance program is a last resort program intended to meet the basic needs of eligible participants, encouraging access and participation in the workforce for employable participants. The program also meets the special needs of the disabled ensuring their inclusion in the community while respecting their independence.
To be considered for this competition, you are required to submit an Application Form for screening in addition to a resume and cover letter.
Note: Only those who submit an Application Form, resume and cover letter will be considered. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search)
- Must provide a satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must provide a satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Clerical/office experience dealing with financial matters
- Experience interviewing people for the purpose of gathering and verifying information and identifying needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with a diverse range of individuals and service providers
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Ability to make sound judgment in disbursing public funds
- Ability to handle a large volume of work and adhere to strict deadlines
- Experience working with individuals from diverse socio-economic backgrounds
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience interpreting and applying legislative acts and regulations and/or policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the Employment and Income Assistance Program
Major activities include: calculates financial need and issues benefits in accordance with the Employment and Income Assistance Act, regulations and policies. There is written and verbal communication with program participants and others in the public and private sectors.
Advertisement # 36858
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source