AO2 Administrative Officer 2
Department of Economic Development, Investment and Trade
Corporate Services, Finance and Corporate Services
Advertisement Number: 39954
Salary(s): AO2 $57,401.00 – $68,787.00 per year
Closing Date: October 24, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list will be created for similar term or regular positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Corporate Services, within the Finance and Corporate Services Division is responsible for leading, coordinating and providing oversight for internally focused government operating processes and performance management systems. This includes leading the implementation and ongoing coordination of the implementation of the balanced scorecards and mandate tracking, SOPs and business continuity processes, FIPPA coordination, as well as diversity and inclusion, learning and development and internal corporate supports.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Post secondary education in Social Sciences, Business Adminstration or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience analyzing, interpreting and applying legislation and policies.
- Strong problem solving skills and decision making skills.
- Strong political acumen skills with experience communicating decisions or information with tact and diplomacy to stakeholders or the general public.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to write clear and concise documents with strong attention to detail.
- Experience managing confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with stakeholders and all levels of government.
- Strong organizational skills with experience managing competing priorities and tasks.
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of privacy legislation including Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), and Personal Health Information Act (PHIA) or equivalent legislations from other jurisdiction.
Under the direction of the Senior Manager, the FIPPA Coordinator is responsible for leading / providing research, analysis, advice and training on legislation, policy and procedure related to access and privacy, to staff and senior management in Economic Development, Investment and Trade (EDIT) and also Advanced Education, Skills and Immigration (AESI). The Coordinator is the primary departmental contact for matters regarding The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and The Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), and frequently interacts with members of the public, other Public Bodies both internal and external to the Government of Manitoba, and departmental staff and management.
Advertisement # 39954
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source