Fire Operations Manager
XO4 Fire Operations Manager
Department of Conservation and Climate
Wildfire Service, Parks and Resource Protection
The Pas MB
Advertisement Number: 37401
Salary(s): XO4 $65,288.00 – $82,064.00 per year Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable.
Closing Date: May 7, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for similar regular and term positions throughout the Province and will remain in effect for 12 months
Manitoba Conservation and Climate is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated individual interested in filling the role of Fire Operations Manager for the Western Region Wildfire Service. The Manitoba government has a comprehensive benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance and defined pension plan.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License
- Must be willing and able to work evenings, weekends and overtime as required
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the Province of Manitoba as required including flying frequently in a wide variety of small aircrafts in adverse weather conditions
- Must be physically able to perform the duties assigned to the position
- Must be able to travel and stay overnight as required
- Graduate of a resource-based or emergency management program from a recognized college or university with related experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience in wildfires including emergency management best practices, wildfire operations, prevention, mitigation and incident management.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to find creative solutions to issues and implement change.
- Experience supervising staff including ability to lead staff to achieve results and develop for the future.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of legislation and acts applicable to wildfires
- Experience in financial management such as managing budgets for operational and program resources.
- Experience providing strategic advice to senior leaders on complex topics and sensitive issues while demonstrating political acumen.
- Experience with the design and implementation of policies and/or programs.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with various audiences.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Experience building relationships with Indigenous people.
- Experience translating strategic priorities into clear operational and business plans, including using performance management and measurement systems (e.g. Key Performance Indicators, Balanced Scorecards).
The Regional Fire Operations Manager (FOM) is responsible for implementation of key aspects of the regional wildfire management program, including prevention, detection, pre-suppression and suppression operations. The FOM is responsible for coordinating operations in the Regional Fire Centre, Fire Warehouse, Mechanics Shop, and oversees regional training. The FOM is responsible for the procurement of goods and services to support regional operations, coordination of resource prioritization and strategic deployment, to ensure cost effective use of all assigned resources.
Advertisement # 37401
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source