First Nations Program Coordinator
AN1 Audit Accountant
Taxation, Fiscal and Financial Management
Advertisement Number: 37968
Salary(s): AN1 $52,994.00 – $63,548.00 per year
Closing Date: August 6, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This competition is designated for Indigenous people. Only applicants who self-declare at the time of application will be eligible for further consideration.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Must be able to provide own transportation for ground travel within Manitoba
- Must be able to travel extensively within Manitoba
- Enrollment in the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP) with a minimum of Common Module (Core) 2 completed and/or post secondary education with equivalent credits at the Common Module 2 level with a commitment to complete a designation. An equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training may be considered.
- Experience in auditing and/or accounting.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to use sound judgement.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and to work independently.
- Ability to apply and interpret legislation/regulations and administer legal agreements.
- Experience using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Cultural sensitivity and understanding of Indigenous culture.
- Experience working with Indigenous organizations in an advisory role.
- Knowledge of the Acts and Regulations administered by the Taxation Division.
The First Nation Program Coordinator is responsible for ensuring compliance under Manitoba’s First Nation tax exempt programs for the tax statutes administered by the Taxation Division. Duties include tax risk assessments, reviews and inspections of on reserve businesses, verification, audit and approval of refunds under Manitoba’s First Nation fuel and tobacco tax refund programs and administration of tax agreements with Bands and retailers. The First Nation Program Coordinator also provides tax advisory, interpretation and educational services to enable Bands and businesses to comply with the tax application and refund programs. The incumbent also monitors compliance and oversees the administration of the First Nation fuel and tobacco tax programs, including evaluating the effectiveness of the programs and making recommendations to improve the Division’s program delivery, customer service levels and overall compliance levels.
Advertisement # 37968
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source