Food Process Technician
LB3 Laboratory Technician 3
Agriculture and Resource Development
Value Added Branch, Industry Advancement Division
Portage la Prairie MB
Advertisement Number: 37888
Salary(s): LB3 $48,890.00 – $58,177.00 per year
Closing Date: August 3, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
A detailed position description is available upon request.
The Food Development Centre enables food entrepreneurs and food companies to incorporate the best available science and industrial best practices in developing, testing and manufacturing their food products and establish best practices and food safety protocols that comply with food regulations.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position which may include: lifting up to and including 50 lbs (22.67 kgs) and standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to work overtime, including evening and weekends.
- Post-secondary training in the agriculture, food or related field or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
- Experience operating, maintaining, repairing and cleaning food manufacturing equipment, ensuring compliance to food safety regulations.
- Experience in inventory control and coordination of staff and equipment availability as part of a project team.
- Experience in weighing and recording data.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Good written communication skills with the ability to accurately collect data and prepare reports.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of protein wet processing.
The Food Development Centre is seeking to hire a full-time Food Process Technician for our scale up operations to join our protein extraction team. The Technician is responsible for material handling, clean-up and control of machinery to support the research and development work at the Centre. This position is accountable to the Product Commercialization team and provides support in conducting project trials in the pilot plant. The position is responsible for maintaining equipment in good repair, equipment tear down and assembly, cleaning and sanitation of equipment and production areas, coordination of equipment and space, procurement of raw materials, maintaining inventories of supplies and supporting the operation’s compliance with food safety and workplace, safety policies and procedures. Training will be provided for wet protein extraction equipment including decanter, centrifuge, membrane filtration and spray dryer.
Advertisement # 37888
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source