REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Administrator
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience in food preparation services and experience in supervising food service staff. Training in dietary and food preparation services. Proven ability to work effectively and in an organized and efficient manner. Money management, accounting skills, and computer proficiency are definite assets. A local police check is mandatory. A provincial or out of province police check and other types of background checks may be required. Must be bondable. Only those fully vaccinated for Covid-19 will be considered.
QUALITIES: The ability to work in a team setting and provide leadership and direction to persons within the building’s food services area. Individual initiative and flexibility. Ability to delegate tasks appropriately. Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
POSITION: This full-time position is responsible for all food services provided by the building. This includes the ordering of foods, the preparing of meals and related food and dietary needs, the overall cleanliness of areas related to food services such as the kitchen and dining room, ensuring the preparation of menus in a fashion that meets the dietary needs of residents, and the supervision of staff related to these services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for all food related services.
• Responsible for planning, preparation, and delivery of food services including:
o Planning well-balanced and nutritious meals
o Preparing and posting weekly menus
o Ordering ingredients and supplies
o Preparing meals and/or ensuring their preparation at regular mealtimes
o Ensuring residents dietary needs, tastes and traditions are considered in food preparation.
• Organization and preparation of meals for special events when called upon by the Administrator.
• Responsible for a fair and equitable work schedule for all food services personnel and appropriate record keeping of working hours.
• Responsible for the cleanliness of all food service areas, particularly the kitchen and dining room areas.
• Responsible for the hiring, supervision, evaluation and, if necessary, termination of food services staff.
• Ensure that food services staff carry out their responsibilities in a professional and caring manner.
• Maintain clear, accurate and organized records of all financial and other documentation pertaining to the delivery of food services.
• Ensure that all safety and work standards are adhered to the maximum of any applicable standards.
• Report to the Administrator any unusual or difficult situations in respect to food services.
• Attend staff meetings and other meetings as called upon by the Administrator.
• Co-operate with other staff in the delivery of services to residents.
• Maintain on-going development in the area of food service delivery by reading pertinent materials, looking for new recipes and creative ways to deliver food services, etc.
• Represent the organization both formally and informally in a professional manner.
• Carry out other relevant tasks as may occur from time to time as directed by the Administrator.
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
START DATE: This position is anticipated to begin in November 2021. Exact start date to be determined.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please mail your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations to the following address:
Portage la Prairie Assisted Living Corporation
Portage la Prairie, MB
You may also email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is October 12th 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
View original article here Source