Are you passionate about the welfare of animals? Do you want to do something that is satisfying and of great importance to our community? Love to snuggle cute cats and dogs? As an equal opportunity employer, we invite you to add your values and experience to the team at the Pembina Valley Humane Society.
To bring further awareness and support for the PVHS, the summer student will be working alongside our Fundraising and Education teams, assisting with building community relationships, researching and applying for grants and donation opportunities, helping develop fundraising initiatives, researching topics for our “What the Floof” blog and more. The candidate will improve their communications, public relations, and fundraising skills in a non-profit organization.
– Assist in developing and implementing fundraising initiatives
– Research, recommend, and assist in applying for grants and donation opportunities
– Research and create educational activity booklets for school-age children
– Research and write blog posts for the website
– Research the creation of a strong stewardship plan encouraging ongoing engagement and retention of our current and future donors
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
– Excellent written, communication, and interpersonal skills
– Committed, enthusiastic and efficient
– Able to work both independently or in a group setting
– Flexible, quick learner, highly motivated self starter and organized
– Computer skills should include Microsoft Word, Excel, and internet searches
This position is in receipt of Canada Summer Jobs Funding and therefore to be eligible, applicants must meet the criteria outlined by the Summer Canada Jobs Program:
– Must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
– Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person on whom refugee protections has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
– Legally entitled to work according to Manitoba legislation and regulations (international students on a work/study permit are not eligible for the Canada Summer Jobs Program)
Please visit https://pvhsociety.ca/available-positions to apply.
Contract Length: 8 weeks
Full-time Hours: 35 hours/week
Application Deadline: Friday, June 25, 2021
Expected Start Date: Monday, July 5
View original article here Source