We are seeking a versatile general labourer for our construction client for a high profile project with one of Canada’s largest construction and development firm with a reputation for safety, corporate culture and excellence for an approx. 7 month length (June 2021).
This is a fantastic opportunity for those seeking a Monday to Friday position with the hours of 7:00am – 3:30pm – Full-Time, 40 hours per week with some occasional Overtime.
Training is 3 days – Nov 26, Nov 27, Nov 30
What does my day look like?
First 5 hours of your day is……
Utilizing various equipment and solutions to sanitize and disinfect hard non-porous surfaces throughout construction sites including in site office trailers, lunchrooms, stair railings and scaffold stair railings, portable toilets, common tools, elevator/hoist and equipment controls, door handles and door surfaces around handles, light switches, printers, phones, keyboards, mouse, and other shared office equipment.
Last 3 hours of you day consists of…..
- Clean up worksites from debris or obsolete material
- Assist carpenters, or other tradespeople on-site as required by client
- Handle and transport materials and equipment
- Unload and Loading trailers
- Use power tools when needed
- Follow instructions from supervisors to perform manual labour tasks (e.g. digging, stacking up goods)
- Report issues with equipment or unsafe conditions
- 2-3 years experience working as a general labourer – Must have experience in the construction industry
- Are available to work Monday to Friday with the occasional Saturday (Rare)
- Are a safety conscious individual, you prioritize safety of yourself and your co-workers and you have had safety training on a construction site in the past.
- Have All Required PPE – Hi Vis Vest, CSA Steel Toe Boots, Hard Hat, Work gloves, outdoor appropriate wear.
- You can lift, bend, twist and carry up to 50IB unassisted
- Understand the importance of following directions and completing jobs tasks assigned within the allocated time by site supervisors.
- You have reliable transportation for a 7am start, are punctual and reliable.
We are only seeking serious candidates with a history of steady employment to evaluate and as such you must complete the following steps obtain a position;
- Submit your resume via indeed
- Complete In-Person application + In-Person Interview (Mask Mandatory), Covid-19 Pre-Screen Questionnaire and safety orientation to be completed
- Minimum 2 work references to be provided for checking by recruiter (s)
- Offered position upon satisfactory reference
Contract length: 7 months
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $15.80 per hour
Job type: Contract
View original article here Source