RP2 Geospatial Analyst
Community Planning, Permitting and Development
Advertisement Number: 37994
Salary(s): RP2 $59,406.00 – $74,801.00 per year
Closing Date: September 23, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created to fill similar regular and term positions throughout the province and will remain in effect for up to 12 months.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Diploma, Certificate or Bachelor’s Degree with specialization related to civil technology, geometrics or geographic information systems, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience in these areas.
- Experience working with and/or training in ESRI’s Parcel Editor toolset and data format
- Extensive experience with principles, methods, and procedures of computer assisted drafting/mapping and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) (ArcGIS 10)
- Experience interpreting registered plans, assessment rolls, statutes and land descriptions related to Certificates of Title
- Working knowledge of geometry, trigonometry, and survey principles applicable to drafting work
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task, manage multiple deadlines and pay close attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work independently as well as a high degree of initiative and independence of action
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and Adobe Acrobat or an accepted equivalent
The Geospatial Analyst provides specialized geospatial support on a region-wide basis to all business areas within Municipal Relations. Using a variety of data sources and Geographic Information System mapping technologies, the incumbent will undertake specialized computer analyses and computations in Municipal Relation’s land mapping programs to create and maintain provincial geographical data sets. These include the: Roll Entry (tax parcel) dataset, cadastral (survey layer), local urban district boundaries, municipal boundaries, and planning by-law boundaries. The Geospatial Analyst will create specialized data and cartographic products in direct support of statutory programs in the disciplines of land use planning and tax assessment.
Advertisement # 37994
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source