Governance, Risk and Control Analyst
AZ1 Governance, Risk and Control Analyst
Department of Finance
Internal Audit, Treasury Board Secretariat
Advertisement Number: 39161
Salary(s): AZ1 $72,702.00 – $92,409.00 per year
Closing Date: May 24, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future Regular, Term or Acting positions that come available within 6 months.
Be a part of a diverse and engaged team that supports the vision to transform and support Manitoba in achieving sustainability and accountable government. We are seeking strong leaders to support the effective and efficient delivery of internal audit services.
You are a motivated, highly functioning team player driven by innovation and change. You are a systems thinker that likes to challenge the status quo by providing insightful and forward thinking solutions, and are agile and able to respond to rapidly changing environments and risk. You are proactive in your approach, are comfortable working within undefined structures, and can apply superior critical thinking and proven analytical skills to complex issues and problems.
The Internal Audit Branch (IA) is an integral component of Manitoba’s governance processes, and aligns with and supports the Deputy Ministers’ Audit and Enterprise Risk Management Committee in the effective discharge of its corporate governance responsibilities. IA provides independent and objective assurance and advisory services to Manitoba that contribute to achieving the corporate goals of strong governance, risk management and control processes throughout the whole of government. IA’s audit universe extends beyond other reporting entities and includes government departments and funded organizations where the funding agreement includes the right to audit; the Legislative Assembly, and large crown corporations and universities with their own internal audit functions are excluded.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must be able to travel occasionally within the Province of Manitoba
- Must have the ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Must possess and maintain a valid class 5 license
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CPA-CA, CPA-CGA, CPA-CMA) in good standing, or post graduate degree in accounting, economics, business administration or related field. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Diverse internal audit experience, including performing comprehensive operational audits and developing risk based audit plans and programs.
- Experience applying Canadian professional auditing standards, control concepts, accounting principles and practices, and internal auditing standards.
- Experience performing complex qualitative and quantitative financial and organizational research and analysis.
- Experience managing internal and external stakeholder relationships across all levels in an organization.
- Demonstrated well-developed problem solving skills (quantitative, conceptual, and analytical).
- Demonstrated ability to leverage opportunities for innovation and find creative solutions to issues.
- Political acumen demonstrated through experience providing strategic advice to senior leaders on complex topics and sensitive issues.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage assigned projects to achieve project goals within the required schedule.
- Demonstrated ability and responsiveness to changing environments, risks, and stakeholder needs, data driven innovation and the delivery of services.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or other related designations.
The Governance, Risk and Control Analyst is responsible for the performance of complex and diverse internal audit projects, which include internal and external research and analysis, and assessing and reporting on policies, programs, governance, risk management and internal controls. The results of these projects may lead to significant government policy, program or financial change. The Governance, Risk and Control Analyst also supports the division’s Professional Practice Branch.
Applicants should confirm the country and year their designation was received and clearly identify how they meet all of the criteria in their application.
Advertisement # 39161
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source