Prairie Flour Mills currently seeking a highly motivated person to fill the position of Grain Manager, who will be responsible for overall grain buying, grading, inventory and storage. Excellent critical, strategic and decision-making competencies are required.
• Ideal candidate will be a key contact for farmers and wheat suppliers, responsible to grow and maintain a strong relationship with them and continuously source and purchase wheat.
• Responsible to negotiate and prepare contracts with wheat producers or traders based on market prices.
• Stay up to date with market trends and good understanding of CGC grading guide for wheat.
• Organize the logistics for all types of wheat being delivered (organic and conventional), conduct quality tests on incoming wheat and interpret results.
• Unloading trucks and storing into appropriate storage bins based on quality analysis results.
• Collecting new harvest samples and conducting quality analysis for procuring a quality grain to meet flour specifications.
• Maintain test records and communicate test results with milling and quality assurance teams.
• Collaborate with management and sales to ensure monthly/quarterly strategic tonnage are consistently achieved.
• Transfer grain to cleaner bins as required (organic and conventional), operate pre-cleaner to clean organic wheat.
• Sell millfeed to customers and update inventory on daily/monthly basis. Ensure millfeed loads are being picked up in a timely manner to ensure bins don’t fill up and stop production.
• Prepare information for grain settlements, ensuring that the payments are made according to the correct weight, moisture, and dockage/contamination content.
• Report online to CGC, prepare levy reports and cash tickets.
• Responsible for truck scale maintenance and calibration.
• Transferring and loading flour to overhead bins or tankers when needed and preparing custom papers for border crossing.
• Oversee repairs for truck/tractor and tankers, including wash schedules for tankers and report any repairs to maintenance department.
• Maintain a clean working environment that complies with GMPs and Food Safety System.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Agriculture or equivalent post secondary education or combination of education and experience in grain buying may be considered.
• Existing network of farmers a huge asset.
• Professional level communication skills.
• Knowledge of the wheat market and futures required.
• Knowledge of wheat conversions such as metric tonnes/bushels is required.
• Strong negotiation skills.
Attractive compensation package including medical & dental benefits.
To be considered please apply by email ONLY directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with three references and No Phone Calls Please
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We keep all resumes on file for 6 months.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source