This job opportunity is being advertised on behalf of the following organization and is not a Manitoba government civil service position.
Graphic Designer & Multimedia Specialist **NOT A CIVIL SERVICE POSITION**
P3 Professional Officer 3
Manitoba Executive Council
Advertisement Number: 2106
Salary(s): P3 $59,576.00 – $71,889.00 per year
Closing Date: August 27, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
If you are an energetic person who thrives in working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven enviroment; and you are interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to Executive Council, please provide your resume and cover letter outlining your education and experience related to this job posting. Interested candidates should apply by August 27, 2021.
Cabinet Communications is seeking an experienced communications professional to fill a Graphic Designer and Multimedia Specialist position. The Graphic Designer and Multimedia Specialist position is part of the Media Relations and Issues Management team in Executive Council. Employees in this area are technical (political) appointments and are responsible for delivering media relations for ministers and departments on all facets of their mandates.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must have a valid Manitoba License or equivalent
- Must have the ability to work outside normal business hours evenings and weekends as required
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years related experience
- Undergraduate degree in communications, social media management, videography, photography, graphic design or related discipline. Other combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience preparing graphics, videos, onsite photography, photo editing and other digital components
- Ability to multitask, manage announcement and event requests’, graphic creation and social media posting schedule
- Demonstrated sound judgement and ability to manage sensitive information
- Experience with emerging social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Facebook Live, Instagram, Instagram Live Tik Tok, LinkedIn, YouTube and Snapchat
- Media experience, a media background or previous media relations experience is an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships
- Ability to work with third party organizations and maintain stakeholder relationships professionally
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of government and the relationship with other levels of government is preferred
- Knowledge in Adobe Creative Cloud, Premier Pro, Lightroom, After Effects, Dimensions, Illustrator Software and Dropbox is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint)
The successful candidate will be responsible for professional social media planning, graphic design, onsite photography, videography and post editing support for various ministerial portfolios. They will ensure delivery of consistent and accurate social media messaging through collaboration with departments, development and implementation of social media strategies and materials that support the governments’ mandate. They will act as the creative and digital creator of all multimedia supports.
Advertisement # 2106
Room 212 Legislative Building
Winnipeg , R3C 0V8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source