Groundwater Monitoring Program Lead
TE2 Technical Engineer Officer 2
Department of Environment, Climate and Parks
Water Science & Watershed Management, Water Stewardship
Advertisement Number: 39076
Salary(s): TE2 $63,673.00 – $76,696.00 per year
Closing Date: May 22, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Possess and maintain a valid class 5 driver’s licence
- Ability to work overtime when required
- Willing and able to travel in varying weather conditions with overnight stays
- Ability to lift and carry 23 kgs (50 lbs)
- Post secondary diploma or degree in water resources, civil technology or an equivalent combination of education, training and related experience may be considered.
- Experience with groundwater monitoring, with knowledge of hydrogeology and water well construction and repair.
- Experience using GPS, and surveying using differential mapping GPS or total station equipment.
- Experience with basic hand and gas powered tools.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and experience using spreadsheets (Excel) for field data interpretation including descriptive statistics.
- Knowledge of geology, physical geography and aquifers
- Experience with safety and health standard operating procedures and safe work procedures.
- Experience managing budgets, tendering / purchasing and evaluating tendering.
- Familiarity with cellular, wifi, satellite or other remote data acquisition methods.
- Experience supervising staff and contractors
The Groundwater Monitoring Program Lead is responsible for coordinating, supervising and conducting activities for the collection of groundwater data in support of the monitoring and managing provincial groundwater resources. The incumbent requires experience in groundwater monitoring and remote measurement and retrieval. The incumbent is responsible for budgetary aspects for this area, researching and evaluating purchases for data collection and planning operations to make the most efficient use of available resources. This position also supervises other permanent staff, students, contractors, volunteers and other government employees involved in collecting groundwater data.
Advertisement # 39076
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source