Guidance Counselor/Senior Years Resource Teacher
General Teacher Contract 1.0 FTE – St. Laurent School
The Prairie Rose School Division acknowledges that it is in Treaty 1 territory and that the land on which we gather is the traditional territory of the Anishinaabe, and the homeland of the Métis Nation. We respect the Treaties that were made on these territories, we acknowledge the harms and mistakes of the past, and we dedicate ourselves to move forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in a spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.
1.0 FTE General Teacher Contract (.50 FTE Guidance Counselor and .50 FTE Senior Years Resource Teacher) – Effective September 6, 2022
St. Laurent School is a Kindergarten to Grade 12 system located in St. Laurent, Manitoba, which is approximately 87 kilometers northwest of Winnipeg, MB, on Highway #6. St. Laurent School has a professional and support staff compliment of 33 for 215 students.
The selected candidate will be a highly visible, student-focused, ethical and collaborative educator who is committed to the provisions of relevant, innovative, high quality programming in a rural context. The selected candidate will be knowledgeable and supportive of Indigenous cultures and culturally infused programming.
• Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate
• Completed Special Education Certificate (in progress may be considered)
• Education training in the counselling area at the Pre-masters or Masters level or in the process of completing may be considered
• Minimum of five years successful teaching experience, preferably working in senior years support and counselling area, with emphasis on program development and at -risk student intervention
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Experience and Abilities:
.50 FTE Senior Years Resource Teacher:
• Experience, proficiency and understanding of senior years’ pedagogy and curriculum.
• Demonstrated ability in teaching techniques for EAL learners
• Implement senior years’ outcome-based assessment and evaluation models.
• Effective differentiated instruction skills.
• Knowledge/ability to implement student services support and student specific planning for learning and/or behavior.
• Demonstrate proficiency in information and communication technologies (ICT).
• Excellent organizational and classroom management.
• Work collaboratively and independently.
• Communicate effectively with students and parents.
• Restitution training would be an asset.
• Familiarity with Google G Suite applications is considered an asset.
.50 FTE Guidance Counselor:
• Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of guidance education learning outcomes and curricular connections across a range of grade levels appropriate to the position.
o Assist school personnel and/or parents/guardians to identify students requiring learning or social/emotional supports/interventions.
o Determine individualized intervention goals and establish strategies and techniques to facilitate development of the targeted skills
• Demonstrate exceptional ability to form positive relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
• Demonstrate discretion respecting the privacy and integrity of others in accordance with applicable legislation, policy and professional code of conduct.
• Demonstrate skills to assess a situation and to support appropriately.
• Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
• Pursue continuous professional growth.
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Crystal Millar-Courchene, St. Laurent School Principal at 204-646-2209
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include an up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: April 28, 2022
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division. Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references. We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged. Accessibility resources will be provided upon request. This document is available in alternate formats by request.
View original article here Source