Exceldor, an Award-Winning, long-standing company seeks a Supervisor to join our Hatchery Team at our Winnipeg location in Transcona. Usual work hours: 6:00am-2:30pm. Hours may vary depending on operational requirements.
Reporting to the Manager, Hatchery Operations, you will be responsible for:
• Developing a team that is cooperative, encouraging and respectful, building strong working relationships within the hatchery, with other Company departments and with the cooperative members.
• Ensuring consistent production practices to improve yields, product quality and sanitation standards through training, observation and follow up.
• Being an active member of the health & safety committee which includes safety talks, walks, and attention to safety in the workplace.
• Facilitating the timely maintenance of Exceldor Western head office and Hatchery facility.
• Being On-call on a weekly rotational basis for equipment and building alarms.
• Managing the employee sick line after hours.
• Maintaining Hatchery truck records and facilitate repairs and maintenance on trucks as required.
• Clearly communicating and ensuring compliance with bio-security protocols and product quality control standards.
• Building and maintaining a positive working relationship with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency to ensure all work is performed in compliance with Federal specifications.
• Preparing work schedules on a weekly basis to optimize the labor resources.
• Planning chick delivery schedules to optimize hatchery truck utilization with a focus on the individual needs of our member group.
• Preparing the vacation schedule on a yearly basis and update to track usage.
• Ensuring accuracy of the time & attendance information in Kronos.
• Monitoring and ordering supplies within the hatchery
• Excellent communication skills (written & oral) are required
• Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience or equivalent hatchery experience required
• Previous hatchery experience is considered an asset
• Proficient computer skills (MS Word Excel, Outlook)
• Training in Continuous Improvement would be considered an asset
• Training or experience with Logistics, Route planning would be an asset
• Experience in maintenance and/or a mechanical aptitude considered an asset
• Experience with time & attendance program, Kronos, considered an asset
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source