Head of Cottage Planning
KP3 Head of Cottage Planning
Department of Conservation and Climate
MB Parks, Parks and Resource Protection
Advertisement Number: 37734
Salary(s): KP3 $67,671.00 – $82,064.00 per year
Closing Date: June 26, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Eligibility list may be established for similar regular and term positions through out the Province for up to 12 months.
Manitoba Government Conservation and Climate is looking for a qualified Head of Cottage Planning to support Manitoba Parks Branch within the Parks and Resource Protection Division. This senior program planning position is responsible for leading strategic planning and policy development activities setting the direction for the cottaging program consisting of over 6,200 cottagers in Manitoba Parks.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as required.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the province, including occasional overnight stays.
- Post secondary education in business, law, park/land administration or management, environment, agriculture, natural resources, AND related work experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may also be considered.
- Experience in development, implementation, delivery and evaluation of a complex policy and/or program in a regulatory environment.
- Experience in supervising staff and managing human resources issues with strong leadership skills.
- Knowledge of Crown Land administration, planning and management along with The Provincial Parks Act and related legislations and regulations.
- Superior written communication skills with the ability to prepare complex reports, briefing notes and other authority-seeking documents.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills with the ability to clearly present information to senior management and stakeholders for decision-making purposes.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills with experience working with special interest groups, internal and external stakeholders including public.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills with the ability to respond in a complex, dynamic environment.
- Strong political acumen, with the ability to work with sensitive information and conduct business in a confidential and professional manner.
- Experience working independently with strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize workload, multi-task and work on concurrent assignments with strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of the Cottager’s Handbook for Manitoba Provincial Parks
The incumbent keeps abreast of industry trends, changing customer demands and the evolving regulatory environment as a basis for ensuring that cottage programming is developed and delivered in a manner that is consistent with the mission and vision of the department and government. The incumbent has province-wide responsibility to make certain that legislation, regulations and policy are adapted to set program direction in the management of cottage lands (both leased and private) in parks and followed to ensure consistent program delivery. This position participates in the section management team to deal with human resource, budget and work program issues.
Advertisement # 37734
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source