Human Resource Administrative Clerk
CL3 Clerk 3
Manitoba Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Operations
Advertisement Number: 36664
Salary(s): CL3 $41,212.00 – $47,283.00 per year
Closing Date: November 13, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect until exhausted or expired based upon operational requirements.
The Civil Service Commission’s vision is to promote a highly effective, professionally competent, respectful, responsive and relevant civil service that reflects the diversity of the Province and thereby contributes to the quality of life in Manitoba. The Civil Service Commission provides a wide range of human resource services including policy and program development, training and development, recruitment and selection, labour and employee relations, classification and compensation, strategic planning and supportive employment which includes disability management and accommodations. The Civil Service provides service to clients in various locations including Winnipeg, Brandon, Dauphin, Selkirk, Portage la Prairie, Steinbach and Thompson. This environment offers a great opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in a wide range of human resource services, contribute to the success of services to the public and advance the Manitoba Public Service Transformation Strategy.
The Manitoba government has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity and parental leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan. Training and career development opportunities are also available for employees.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an Application Form. See below for more information.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, additional security checks may be required for some positions
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Experience providing administrative and clerical support, including reception duties, data entry, reporting, maintaining tracking systems, files and filing systems
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Effective written communication skills with experience proof-reading, editing and formatting correspondence and reports with accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience supporting organizational change with hope, optimism and resiliency; and a demonstrated commitment towards innovation and responsible risk taking
- Effective verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with the public and staff over the telephone and in person
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to effectively communicate and provide client service to internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information
- Experience using AIMS or SAP is desired
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in French
To Apply for the Position:
Please click here to access the Application Form that is required to qualify for consideration for this competition. The selection board will rely only on the information provided in the Application Form to select candidates for further assessment.
Once you have completed the Application Form, please save it to your computer and email or fax the form to the contact information in the “Apply To” section below.
Reporting to the Office Manager, the Human Resource Administrative Clerk is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the operational Service Centres within the Human Resource Operations Division. These responsibilities are integral to provide effective and efficient delivery of operational human resource services across the public service.
Advertisement # 36664
Human Resource Services
935-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source