Human Resource Associate
P2 Professional Officer 2
Manitoba Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Operations
Advertisement Number: 38530
Salary(s): P2 $52,351.00 – $63,094.00 per year
Closing Date: January 12, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect until exhausted.
Preference may be given to internal candidates.
The Civil Service Commission’s vision is to promote a highly effective, professionally competent, respectful, responsive and relevant civil service that reflects the diversity of the Province and thereby contributes to the quality of life in Manitoba. The Civil Service Commission provides a wide range of human resource services including policy and program development, training and development, recruitment and selection, labour and employee relations, classification and compensation, strategic planning and supportive employment which includes disability management and accommodations. The Civil Service provides service to clients in various locations including Winnipeg, Brandon, Dauphin, Selkirk, Portage la Prairie, Steinbach and Thompson. This environment offers a great opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in a wide range of human resource services, contribute to the success of services to the public and advance the Manitoba Public Service Transformation Strategy.
The Manitoba government has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity and parental leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan. Training and career development opportunities are also available for employees.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Please see below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, additional security checks may be required for some positions
- Must be able to travel within the province by air and ground transportation
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Post-secondary education specializing in human resources or an equivalent combination of related education, training and experience may be considered
- Experience performing recruitment and human resource administrative functions
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience supporting organizational change with hope, optimism and resiliency; and a demonstrated commitment towards innovation and responsible risk taking
- Ability to interpret human resource policies, practices and legislation
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage competing priorities under strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment while fostering a respectful workplace
- Ability to effectively manage confidential information
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in French
To Apply for the Position:
Click here to access the application form. To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link above or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form.
The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. You are not required to submit a resume or cover letter, but may be asked to submit a copy of your references or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
The Human Resource Operations division provides a range of human resource services that support and enable managers and employees in delivering effective programs and services to Manitobans.
The position provides support to Human Resource Consultants in all human resource activities including conducting recruitment and selection, providing routine advice and guidance to managers, and supporting employee and labour relations and organizational change initiatives.
Advertisement # 38530
Human Resource Services
935-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source