Human Resource Consultant
P5/P6 Professional Officer 5 / Professional Officer 6
Manitoba Public Service Commission
Human Resource Operations
Advertisement Number: 39946
Salary(s): P5/P6 $68,806.00 – $88,003.00 per year
Closing Date: March 31, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect until exhausted or expired based upon operational requirements.
This advertisement will remain open as positions are filled and applications will be reviewed periodically.
The Manitoba Public Service Commission leads the delivery of a wide range of strategic human resource services within government including: policy and program development, training and development, recruitment and selection, labour and employee relations, classification and compensation, strategic planning, supportive employment, which includes disability management and accommodations, and pay and benefits.
This environment provides the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in a wide range of human resource services, contribute to advancing the Manitoba Public Service Transformation Strategy and deliver enhanced outcomes for Manitobans. The Public Service Commission is seeking innovative, creative HR professionals with a passion for providing exceptional client service and the ability to support clients in a way that fosters innovation, enthusiasm and optimism.
The Manitoba government is recognized as one of the top employers within the province and provides a comprehensive compensation and benefits package for its employees which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity and parental leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan. The Manitoba government is also committed to supporting the development of its employees through training and career development opportunities.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Please see below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, additional security checks may be required for some positions.
- Must be able to travel within Manitoba by ground and air transportation.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Post-secondary education specializing in human resources; or an equivalent combination of related education, training and experience may be considered
- Experience leading full cycle recruitment and selection
- Experience with employee and labour relations including conducting investigations, grievance handling and providing advice and guidance to management
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation and collective agreement provisions
- Knowledge of workplace accommodation and return to work principles and practices
- Experience providing strategic advice to address organizational issues while fostering a culture of innovation, risk taking and resiliency
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills with experience establishing collaborative, client-focused relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Experience demonstrating political acumen and influence when providing advice on complex and sensitive issues
- Effective critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated self-efficacy with the ability to prioritize competing demands, manage heavy case loads and effectively achieve results
- Effective written communication skills
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Human resource generalist experience in a public sector, unionized environment
- Experience related to compensation and job evaluation
- Experience developing and facilitating training and development programs or materials
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in French
To Apply for the Position:
Click here to access the application form. To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link above or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. Please note that responses in the application form will be used to assess candidates’ written communication skills.
The selection board will rely on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. In addition to the application form, please also submit a copy of your resume.
Reporting to a Manager of Human Resources, the Human Resource Consultant (HRC) is accountable for providing advice, guidance, and services to employees and management across the Manitoba government. Major accountability areas include: strategic human resource planning, labour and employee relations, staffing, organizational design, training and development, diversity, and supportive employment which includes disability management and accommodations.
In order to be appointed to the full working level of the position, the incumbent is required to meet the full qualifications for the position which includes an internal evaluation process and confirmation of the candidate’s ability to perform all aspects of the role independently including staffing, grievance handling, investigations and supportive employment. Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered on an under fill basis including the Professional Officer 5 (P5) classification level (Salary: $64,475 – $78,168 per year). Candidates appointed on an under fill basis will be provided with training and development to meet the requirements of the position.
Advertisement # 39946
Human Resource Services
935-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source