We are looking for a Human Resources Manager for our Ear Falls Sawmill located in Ear Falls, Ontario.
Under the leadership of the Vice President of Human Resources and in close collaboration with the Plant and Forest Management leaders, the HR Manager is responsible for implementing the strategic direction of the Human Resources and Health & Safety functions within his assigned client group.
• Continuously assess the pulse and organizational culture of workers to provide feedback and recommendations to management on ways to improve employee performance and engagement.
• In collaboration with the Health, Safety and Risk Management team, coordinate and support the administration and deployment of health and safety programs to develop a strong culture and provide employees with a safe work environment.
• Responsible for managing labor relations, from the process of renewing the collective agreement to providing advice in its application to maintain healthy and harmonious labor relations.
• In collaboration with the corporate team and relevant stakeholders, responsible for recruitment, training, succession planning and talent development activities as well as the management of presence at work.
• Collaborates in the development and ensures the implementation of methods, procedures and practices relating to human resources management to support managers in their continuous improvement efforts.
• In collaboration with the corporate teams, participate in the development and ensure the local deployment of various human resources initiatives such as activities relating to “Wellness”, the annual incentive plan, the salary review process, talent assessment and staff mobilization.
• Ensure the application of the orientations and the follow-up of various changes related to employment policies, compensation, and benefits.
• Actively contributes to the sharing of good practices within their team and via management meetings and participating in various committees.
• Ensures the administrative management related to HR responsibilities in compliance with EACOM policies, procedures, and legislations.
• Strategic thinking and Influence leadership.
• Creativity and capacity to question the status quo.
• Analytical mind and capacity to synthesize information.
• Focus on teamwork in delivering and achieving results.
• Proven agility and adaptability.
• Capacity to communicate at all levels of the organization.
• Strive for best practices and continuous improvement.
• Rigor, Integrity and Professional ethics.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Human Resources, or certification related to Human Resources or with equivalent.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as an HR Business Manager in a unionized environment, preferably within the manufacturing or forestry sector.
• Knowledgeable about occupational health and safety regulations.
• Member of a certified professional association in Human Resources (asset).
• Fluent in both spoken and written English. French is an asset.
• Facility in learning/using HR management software.
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills (MS Office Suite).
• Available to travel on an occasional basis.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source