Hydraulic Design Technologist
TE1 Technical Engineering Officer 1
Water Operations, Regional Operations
Advertisement Number: 37787
Salary(s): TE1 $58,101.00 – $69,788.00 per year
Closing Date: July 11, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Manitoba Infrastructure is seeking a highly motivated individual to work with our Regional Water Operations Branch. Regional Water Operations ensures safe and effective provincial water related infrastructure through the delivery of inspection, planning, design, maintenance, rehabilitation and construction activities. The Branch is responsible for the overall operation and management of an infrastructure inventory that includes: drains, dams, flood protection dikes, diversions, bridges, culverts and pumping stations. Water Operations has a major role in flood response activities and Water Capital Program delivery.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- Must be able to travel frequently to work sites within the province and working for extended hours and periods of time.
- Works in hazardous conditions such as water, construction equipment, roadway traffic noise, dust, hand/power tools, moving equipment, bending/lifting, carrying/twisting, insects, vegetation and sharp objects.
- Civil Engineering Technology Diploma, completion of the Departmental Level 3 training courses (or working towards) and/or significant related experience in hydraulic design.
- Experience in hydraulic analysis and design, including computer software (HecRAS, HY8 or equivalent and Geopak) utilized in design.
- Experience in hydrologic investigation and analysis.
- Experience in drawing preparation, including computer assisted drafting software (MicroStation or AutoCADD)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts including the public.
- Excellent written communication skills with ability to maintain accurate records, prepare applicable correspondence and technical reports.
- Ability to independently analyze incomplete or conflicting data.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions or recommend alternative solutions.
- Knowledge of survey practices.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety, Health and Risk Management policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of construction practices and procedures related to water management infrastructure.
The Hydraulic Design Technologist conducts specialized hydrologic and hydraulic engineering analysis, designs and drawing preparation for a diverse water control infrastructure comprised of dams, diversions, drains, flood protection dikes, bridges, and culverts in the Capital, Preservation and Maintenance Programs.
Advertisement # 37787
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source