Indigenous Spiritual Care Provider
CHN Spiritual Care Provider
Winnipeg Remand Centre, Correctional Services
Advertisement Number: 39626
Salary(s): CHN $62,773.00 – $79,019.00 per year
Closing Date: November 7, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Please include two (2) letters of support from Elders/Indigenous Spiritual Care Providers with your résumé/application.
The Indigenous Spiritual Care Provider is a member of the team responsible for providing opportunities for both inmates and staff to gain knowledge and understanding of Indigenous traditions and teachings. The incumbent reports directly to the Superintendent and receives day to day support from the Assistant Superintendent of Programs for coordination and delivery of services.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Internal Security Check
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Security Check
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Experience providing a variety of Indigenous ceremonies and teachings within an Indigenous community
- Experience performing a Sweat Lodge and a Pipe Ceremony
- Experience in providing culturally appropriate counselling
- Provide timely and effective services to a large caseload
- Ability to effectively problem solve various sensitive situations and maintain confidentiality
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate in an Indigenous language
- Experience working with Indigenous people in conflict with the law
As a member of the Spiritual Caregivers’ team, the Indigenous Spiritual Care Provider will conduct appropriate ceremonies and other spiritual activities, will be present and visible throughout the Correctional Centre and provide individual, group and family counselling. The successful candidate will promote positive healthy change to help reduce the risk of recidivism and reoffending through the teaching of Indigenous culture, philosophy, practices and the holistic approach to life. This position provides resource contact information in the community for release planning.
Advertisement # 39626
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source