Industrial Development Consultant
IC4 Economic Development Consultant 4
Agriculture and Resource Development
Industry Attraction Unit, Industry Advancement
Advertisement Number: 37435
Salary(s): IC4 $75,841.00 – $101,204.00 per year
Closing Date: April 25, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license
- Ability to travel throughout Manitoba
- Post secondary education in economic development, finance, commerce/business administration and/or economics. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Extensive experience in business and industry development including location needs, business financing, operations, and marketing in the Food and Agri-Product Processing industry
- Leadership or supervisory experience such as, managing work plans, work loads, and priorities; coaching, training and development; leading staff in projects, and performance management and evaluation
- Extensive knowledge of the Food and Agri-Product Processing industry including various programs supporting industry development
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations to a variety of audiences
- Strong time management and organization skills with the ability to be flexible in response to changing priorities and demands
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with clients, colleagues, organizations and other stakeholder groups
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative to accomplish tasks
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint) and databases in an office setting
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to provide advice and recommendations to inform senior management decision making and priorities
- Economic Developer Designation from Economic Developers Association of Canada
The Industrial Development Consultant is engaged in retaining, growing and attracting large and medium sized enterprises that create economic activity and jobs through processing commodities grown or resources available in Manitoba and elsewhere in agriculture, food and agri-product, mining, forestry and fishing enterprises in Manitoba. As a provincial lead in industrial development, the incumbent works directly with senior company officials to determine and address company needs, including coordinating related activities with other stakeholders (municipalities, commodity associations) and accessing available provincial, federal and other programming to secure company investment in Manitoba.
In consultation with the department’s executive management committee, the incumbent will identify priority sector opportunities and lead interdisciplinary teams of government and industry stakeholders to develop businesses in strategic economic sectors with the aim of increasing economic activity in the food and agri-product and resource sectors resulting in the creation of jobs and economic prosperity.
Advertisement # 37435
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source