Sperling Industries Ltd. is an industry leader in structural steel manufacturing and mechanical equipment supply and install. We are looking for an individual to join our team as an Industrial Paint Shop Supervisor.
Sperling Industries Ltd. is looking to fill the position of Paint Shop Supervisor in our growing company. This position is permanent, full time and would start immediately. Candidate’s wage dependent on experience, qualifications and abilities.
• Manage day-to-day operations of paint facility including:
o Staff scheduling and coordination
o Training, coaching, and disciplinary action for staff
o Production management and scheduling
o The oversight of all safety requirements, improvements, and compliance
o The adherence to all quality requirements both project specific and general company quality requirements
• Assist with developing and improving our paint system infrastructure and internal processes
• Monitor consumable and material inventory and work direct with purchasing on re-ordering
• Ensure streamlined practices between other departments within SIL
• Assist project management in selecting paint specifications for projects with no design information.
• Ensure SDS’s for all products are accounted and the paint shop is in compliance with all requirements of WHMIS
• Oversee routine maintenance of equipment and property and seek outside assistance as required.
Education, Experience, skills:
• Previous experience in managing a small team is desired.
• Experience in industrial painting applications is required.
• Problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making abilities
• Follow safe work policies, practices and procedures while performing all tasks
• Must be available to work overtime as required.
• Must be able to work as part of a team
• Salary to be on an hourly basis. $24-30/hr and up depending on qualifications and experience.
• Overtime remunerated at 1.5x
• 6% vacation pay and 4% general holiday pay paid on each paycheque
• Comprehensive Dental/Medical benefits package for long term employees
• RRSP contribution program for long term employees
Interested applicants should submit their resumes to:
Human Resource Manager
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source