VAW Systems Ltd. is an international leader in the design and manufacturing of noise control and filtration equipment for fans and gas turbine engines. We have over a 40+ year history of building high quality products for customers around the world.
VAW is pleased to offer its employees competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental and vision coverage and employer paid premiums. We also provide a company matched RRSP program, Employee Assistance Program, on the job training and potential for continuous long-term employment and advancement within our organization.
VAW is looking for experienced Industrial Coatings Applicators to join our fast paced, safety focused, custom manufacturing facility. We have an opening on our Monday to Friday Midnight Shift (11:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.).
• Set up and operate conventional and airless spray equipment
• Maintain and clean all painting equipment, grit blasting equipment and finishing area
• Set up and operate the grit blasting equipment
• Ability to mix and apply various coating systems (i.e. epoxy, zinc, urethanes, etc.)
• Ability to read and interpret paint data sheets
• Prepare product for painting
• Perform final assembly of products
• Ability to work on ladders and at various heights
Skills and Qualifications:
• The ideal candidate will have completed training at a vocational or technical training facility
• Ideally 2+ years of painting and coating experience
• Min 2 years’ experience with the following:
o Ability to mix and apply Epoxies, Zincs, Polyurethanes and enamels
o Ability to use conventional and airless spray equipment
o Ability to use wet WFT gauge as well as electronic DFT gauge
o Ability to read and understand Product Data Sheets
o Ability to operate Sandblast equipment
• Safety focused
• Possess the skills and abilities to consistently produce high quality products and ensure quality control is maintained to the established standards
• Must be organized, flexible, proactive and interact in a positive and respectful manner with co-workers
• Knowledge of industrial/commercial fans, noise control and HVAC systems are assets
• Knowledge of Lean principles an asset
Wage: $20.63 to $22.08 per hour.
If you feel you are the ideal candidate that is needed for this role, please send your resume in confidence by replying to this posting.
We appreciate your interest in VAW Systems, however only candidates who are already eligible to work in Manitoba will be considered. Only candidates selected for a paint test and interview will be contacted.
View original article here Source