Inspector – Boiler and Pressure Vessels
IMS Inspector – Boiler and Pressure Vessels
Inspection and Technical Services, Community and Property Development
Advertisement Number: 36680
Salary(s): IMS $64,341.00 – $81,997.00 per year
Closing Date: December 18, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
If you are looking for a rewarding and exciting career, this is a great opportunity to join our team. The Manitoba government has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers). Training and career development opportunities are also available for employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to travel throughout Manitoba and internationally for extended periods of time
- Must be able to perform the physical duties of the position including lifting heavy objects, kneeling, standing, climbing stairs and ladders, working at heights and in confined spaces in various temperatures
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Must have a valid class 5 Manitoba driver’s license or equivalent from another jurisdiction
- Must be able to obtain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must be able to wear all required personal protective equipment
- Must be able to obtain and provide a satisfactory driver’s abstract
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering and current registration with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba or an equivalent body from a reciprocating jurisdiction, or a Mechanical Engineer-in-Training (EIT), or Certification as a Mechanical Engineering Technologist (CET) or 2nd class Power Engineer in the Province of Manitoba. An equivalent combination of relevant education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience in operation, installation, service, maintenance and/or inspection of boilers and pressure vessels
- Knowledge and the ability to interpret and apply Acts, regulations, codes and standards governing the safe installation and operation of boilers and pressure vessels in Manitoba and Canada
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Effective decision making skills and ability to exercise judgment and identify solutions to problems
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to foster effective working relationships with the public and other stakeholders
- Strong verbal communication to clearly explain technical information
- Effective written communication skills to write inspection and/or investigation reports
- Knowledge of procedures for conducting inspections and/or investigation techniques
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and Outlook) or equivalent software programs
- Strong organizational and time management skills to manage multiple tasks and priorities with tight deadlines
- Certified as an “A” or “B” and/or “IS” Commissioned Inspector by the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors (NBBI)
- Certified as a commercial and industrial gas fitter in the Province of Manitoba
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Boiler and Pressure Vessels Inspector is responsible for carrying out inspections and/or investigations of boilers and pressure vessels, including documenting findings in inspection reports, ensuring quality control and safety standards, issuing or suspending certification of operations and monitoring compliance to orders. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring compliance with Acts and supporting codes and standards including the Department of Labour Act, the Steam and Pressure Plants Act, the Power Engineers Act and the Gas and Oil Burner Act.
Advertisement # 36680
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source