Inspector – Gas and Oil
IMS Inspector – Gas and Oil
Inspection and Technical Services, Community and Property Development
Advertisement Number: 36679
Salary(s): IMS $64,341.00 – $81,997.00 per year
Closing Date: December 14, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
If you are looking for a rewarding and exciting career, this is a great opportunity to join our team. The Manitoba government has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers). Training and career development opportunities are also available for employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to travel throughout Manitoba and internationally for extended periods of time
- Must be able to perform the physical duties of the position including lifting heavy objects, kneeling, standing, climbing stairs and ladders, working at heights and in confined spaces in various temperatures
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Must have a valid class 5 Manitoba driver’s license or equivalent from another jurisdiction
- Must be able to obtain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must be able to wear all required personal protective equipment
- Must be able to obtain and provide a satisfactory driver’s abstract
- Certification as a commercial and industrial gas fitter (“A” License) in the Province of Manitoba or an equivalent combination of relevant education, training and experience
- Extensive experience in the design, installation, maintenance and/or service of gas and oil burning equipment
- Knowledge and ability to interpret and apply Acts, regulations, codes and standards governing the safe installation, operation and inspection of gas and oil burning equipment in Manitoba and Canada
- Knowledge of procedures for conducting inspections and/or investigation techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Effective written communication skills to write inspection and/or investigation reports
- Ability to work with minimum day-to-day supervision, and exercise sound judgement and personal initiative
- Effective verbal communication skills to clearly communicate technical information
- Strong organizational and time management skills to manage multiple tasks and priorities with tight deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and Outlook) or equivalent software programs
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Inspector, Gas and Oil is responsible for performing field inspections of new and existing gas and oil burning equipment across Manitoba to ensure compliance with the requirements of various provincial legislation and regulations. In addition, the position is responsible for verifying the licensing and certification requirements of trade personnel.
Advertisement # 36679
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source