Inspector (multiple positions)
AS3 Assessment Officer 3
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Emergency Measures Organization, Emergency Management
Advertisement Number: 39282
Salary(s): AS3 $52,994.00 – $63,472.00 per year
Closing Date: July 31, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Open until filled – ongoing recruitment initative
Manitoba Emergency Measures Organization (EMO) is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all aspects of emergency preparedness in the Province, and managing, directing and coordinating the response of all departments to a disaster or emergency, other than initial response and incident management at the site of the disaster or emergency. Disaster Financial Assistance (DFA) is basic assistance that may be made available to help restore essential property and infrastructure to a habitable and functional pre-disaster state when a widespread disaster strikes and creates unreasonable financial burden. Manitoba EMO administers DFA in accordance with the approved DFA policies and guidelines in effect at the time of the disaster.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must hold a valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout Manitoba (Overnight accommodation and vehicle provided).
- Must be able to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Must be able to work in a high stress environment for extended hours.
- Must be able to work overtime and extended hours as required.
- Experience evaluating and/or inspecting a wide range of residential, farm, and/or small to medium sized commercial buildings, including work experience in building construction, building inspection, building damage assessments.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Strong written communication skills including the ability to create inspection reports, log notes and other email correspondence.
- Ability to assess and determine physical damage to property.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience evaluating and/or inspecting a range of farm structures, fields, drains, barns, corrals, etc.
- Knowledge of building construction techniques and materials or agricultural processes and practices.
The Inspector reporting to the Supervisor of Recovery and Assessments, works independently in the field to inspect and document private sector damages for which applicants have requested Disaster Financial Assistance (DFA) from the Government of Manitoba. The Inspector will document with reports and photographs the damages caused by a disaster for the following property types: Residential, farm, small business and not-for-profits. Following inspection the Inspector will input their findings in a data base used by claims management staff to administer the DFA claim.
Advertisement # 39282
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source