- If you intend on applying – please ensure you read the entire ad and follow the application process required
Are you an installation expert looking for an opportunity to use your passion and talent to enhance your career in a growing professional firm in Winnipeg? If yes, then please consider this outstanding position as the next step!
We seek an experienced, detail-oriented, technically-inclined individual to immediately join our office systems installation team. A construction background is preferred. The candidate will perform efficient installation and commercial office furniture assembly within clients’ facilities, including systems furniture, case-goods, accessories and demountable wall systems.
Anthony Allan Office Furnishings is a locally owned and operated business based in Winnipeg, Manitoba. With strong ties to our community, we have served Winnipeg and customers across Canada since 1983.
Anthony Allan collaborates with business owners, architects, and design teams to create innovative office interiors using the latest in office and furniture design. We believe your workspace should inspire collaboration, enhance workplace performance and develop organizational growth and well-being.
Dedication to our customers, industry and sustainability keeps us leading edge in workspace design and sourcing the best manufacturers available. We pride ourselves on creating an innovative and inspiring workspace and sourcing solutions adequately suited to our customer’s needs and goals. Ensuring final results are meaningful to the organizations and the team we work with is everything to us.
This position is conveniently located in our beautiful showroom at Notre Dame and Keewatin. For more information on us, go to https://www.anthonyallan.com/.
• Understand and carry out directions from leads and supervisors
• Read and interpret blueprints, product drawings and specifications
• Load and unload trucks with supplies, products and equipment
• Assemble and install office systems furniture
• Experience and proficiency in the use of power and hand tools
• Perform service and repair assessments and installations
• Efficiently assemble furniture, resulting in quality workmanship
• Assemble, fine-tune and detail panels, electrical parts, components, case-goods, seating, filing, tables, etc.
• Is capable of reacting to varying project/field conditions and able to make decisions to solve problems and changes in the scope of work
• Understand and follow through with consistent and accurate paperwork
• Handle physically arduous duties (lifting up to 75 pounds)
The ideal applicant would have industry experience and a firm knowledge of the unique handling and installation requirements. However, all candidates meeting the following criteria will be considered. Responsible for timely completion of the work with a high level of workmanship and superior customer satisfaction.
Candidates will be working on client sites in busy and high-profile corporate settings, so you should possess good communication skills, professionalism in customer service, and maintain a clean and presentable appearance and workspace.
We are looking for someone with this background:
• 2+ years’ work experience in Furniture Industry
• Excellent written and oral communication (English) skills
• Ability to drive within Winnipeg is required
• Ability to be bonded
• Able to work (sometimes) overtime
TYPE OF PERSON WHO WOULD SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
• Positive and outgoing – interact in a socially engaging manner
• Sense of urgency – with a ‘thick skin’ and a high tolerance for ambiguity
• Strong drive to help others and solve problems
• High level of integrity, dependability and attention to detail
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Full-time, Permanent job
• A dynamic, growing company with the opportunity to take your career to the next level
• Steady (regular business hours) Monday – Friday work
• A robust and unique “family-like” corporate culture that is committed to your personal and professional growth
• A strong compensation package: including competitive pay, company bonus plan, health insurance, and excellent benefits
If you’re excited about this opportunity and believe you are qualified to join our team, we would love to hear from you. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By applying to this position, you confirm that you possess Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status, or an open work permit.
We want to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in us. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and believe strongly in diversity.
View original article here Source