Investigator, Professional Standards Unit
AO2 Administrative Officer 2
Corrections, Community Safety Division
Advertisement Number: 36908
Salary(s): AO2 $54,318.00 – $65,118.00 per year
Closing Date: December 11, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Click here to access the application form.
Reporting to the Director, Professional Standards Unit, this position delivers consistent investigations arising from the Community Safety Division (CSD), which are objective, fair, thorough, and accurate by conducting detailed interviews with the careful collection of data and analysis of evidence.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Enhanced Security Screening
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Experience completing complex workplace investigations
- Experience completing in-depth interviews
- Experience working with Collective Agreements and a complex policy environment
- Demonstrated positive working experience with diverse teams, stakeholders, justice partners, and the public
- Demonstrated sound judgement and decision making skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong consultative, research, and analytical skills, including data analysis and file management
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to resolve conflict and work effectively with others
- Knowledge of privacy and corrections legislation including Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), MGEU Collective Agreement, and the Corrections Standards Act (CSA)
- Knowledge of the corrections environment and culture
The Investigator, Professional Standards Unit (PSU), using established techniques and procedures, Terms of Reference along with a strong understanding of the operational environment, develops detailed investigative plans ensuring well-supported assessments. The Investigator, PSU, maintains detailed investigation records and appropriately retains evidence, adheres to strict confidentiality, safeguards sensitive materials, and exercises sound judgement.
Advertisement # 36908
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source