Issues Management Specialist / Provincial Placement and Licensing Specialist / StreetReach Case Manager
SP4 Social Services Worker 4
Department of Families
Child Protection, Child and Youth Services
Advertisement Number: 40179
Salary(s): SP4 $59,198.00 – $82,121.00 per year
Closing Date: December 4, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar full-time and part-time, term and regular positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide satisfactory Criminal Record, Child Abuse Registry, Adult Abuse Registry and Prior Contact Checks
- Post secondary degree in Social Sciences (BSW preferred). Other acceptable combinations of education and related training and experience may be considered.
- Experience working in a child and family services or related environment.
- Experience reviewing, analyzing and synthesizing complex information.
- Strong written communication skills when preparing various documents for various audiences.
- Knowledge of child and family services including the governing and delivery of child protection programing in Manitoba.
- Knowledge and understanding of Indigenous issues, including the impacts of colonization, the historical impacts of residential schools, and the principles of reconciliation.
- Strong political acumen to effectively communicate with a variety of individuals including senior government officals, executive management and authorities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to work within a team environment.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work effectively to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to handle highly complex and emotionally charged issues with the ability to resolve conflict.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook and Excel).
- Experience working with youth from a strength based practice
Issues Management Specialist: Responsible for responding to inquiries and complaints from the public through a variety of sources, including the Child and Youth Services Division, department management and the Minister’s and Premier’s Offices. Using child welfare expertise, data and legislative knowledge the incumbent is responsible for implementing appropriate action in order to alleviate or resolve concerns, while ensuring proper and consistent administration of the Child and Family Services Act, Authorities Act, regulations and policies. Responsible to write high level Authority Seeking documents such as Briefing Notes, and correspondence from divisional management and Minister of Families.
StreetReach Case Manager: Responsible to complete risk assessments, assist with/co-ordinate protection investigations and case planning (auxillary status) in complex situations where children have been/or are at risk of sexual exploitation. This includes collaborating or coordinating a multi-disciplinary team; working with police and Child and Family Agencies to investigate suspected sexual offenders; providing expert case consultation, including participation in the development and use of legislation, regulations and standards to guide service delivery. Responsible for assisting in the location of sexually exploited youth and returning them to safety or apprehending when necessary.
Provincial Placement and Licensing Specialist: Responsible for managing a caseload of approximately 55 Group Care Facilities located across the Province and which include group homes, treatment, crisis stabilization etc.. Including working with Child and Family Service agencies and facility operators to support placement of a child/youth in care. This involves collaborative problem solving, responding to issues that are complex, and working with numerous key stakeholders. Knowledge of regulations, legislation that governs facility operations is required.
Advertisement # 40179
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source