IT Purchasing Manager
PA3 Purchasing Agent 3
Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services
Digital and Technology Solutions
Advertisement Number: 39807
Salary(s): PA3 $63,907.00 – $77,109.00 per year
Closing Date: September 16, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Are you looking for a challenge? We are looking for leaders to help us on our innovation and operational excellence journey. As member of the management team, this postion is responsible to lead and manage the IT Purchasing and Contract Management Unit, and provide advice and support for purchasing and contract management program services in support of one of the most complex IT organizaitons in the province.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Post-secondary education in supply chain management or professional procurement designation. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience with procurement functions such as developing RFx, contact evaluation and negotiation, purchasing functions , contact management, performance metrics, and process review and improvements. Experience with IT procurment is preferred.
- Supervisory experience including leading staff and or teams, coaching and mentoring, training and development, and performance management.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Written communication skills with the ability to prepare concise reports for a variety of audiences.
- Interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to develop positive relationships with various stakeholders.
- Ability to work as part of a team and negotiate with stakeholders.
- Understanding of financial management including forecasting, budgeting, and capital planning practices.
- Strong political and business acumen.
- Experience with basic project management tools and techniques as well as change management principles to plan, manage and implement project plans.
The IT Purchasing Manager manages, leads, and recruits a team of purchasing and contract management professionals, providing technical expertise to the process and administration for all IT purchasing and contract management. The IT Purchasing Manager plans, designs, and manages the IT purchasing and contract management activities for the unit. Acts as the primary liaison between departments and the central procurement organization. Triages all IT procurement requests and provides recommendations and direction prior to sending to the central procurement organization. The successful incumbent will coordinate all phases of IT procurement activities from the initial request to completion. This includes developing RFx drafts, engaging Civil Legal Services, contract evaluations and negotiations, resolution of issues, approvals, and financial processes. The IT Purchasing Manager develops, monitors, and reports on key performance metrics and productivity outputs for the unit. The Successful incumbent is responsible for Digital and Technology Solution’s overall IT purchasing, supplier relationship management, and contract management function. This role sets and documents the standards, guidelines, policies, and evaluates the effectiveness of these functions, which identifies and makes recommendations for improvements, adjustments and continuous improvements. The IT Purchasing Manager ensures that IT purchases and contract management terms and conditions are met and that processes follow the General Manual of Administration and established procurement and financial frameworks and policies.
Advertisement # 39807
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source