CLOSING DATE: Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
INTERVIEW DATE: Wednesday, June 5, 2019 – tentative
Applications MUST include: Cover letter, resume with two (2) letters of reference and copy of a valid Manitoba Driver’s License
Under the supervision of the Jordan’s Principle Service Coordinator, the Jordan’s Principle Case Manager is responsible for providing support to DOTC member community Case Managers and to respond to children and families requiring health and social services. The successful applicant will work as part of a team to build capacity within DOTC member communities while contributing to the improvement of the quality of life of children and their families by ensuring they receive services without denials, delays, or disruption of services due to jurisdictional disputes.
• Assist in coordinating comprehensive client services.
• Participate in developing strategies, policies, procedures and program evaluations.
• Assess the deficits with service systems and the need to protect children through early intervention, sharing of information, effective coordination of services and appropriate training.
• Assist in developing work plans and updating service delivery plans.
• Collaborate, network and cultivate partnerships to ensure a comprehensive referral network for community resources.
• BN/RN, RN, LPN Social Worker, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or Teacher required
• Valid CPR and First Aide Certification
• Minimum five (5) years of experience working in field of health, social or education sectors
• Proven understanding of First Nations culture, health care and referral process to children’s rehabilitation programs
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent Case Management and facilitation skills
• Strong advocacy skills to advocate on behalf of families/clients
• Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi service team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
• Ability to work flexible hours and travel
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
• Valid Manitoba Driver’s License
• Access to a reliable vehicle
Job type: Full-time