MM2 Maintenance Tradesperson 2
Department of Environment, Climate and Parks
Parks Branch, Parks and Resource Protection
Hecla/Grindstone Provincial Park MB
Advertisement Number: 39054
Salary(s): MM2 $2,034.40 – $2,326.40 bi-weekly
Closing Date: May 22, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created to fill similar positions within the Riverton Park District and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Environment, Climate and Parks is looking for a qualified individual to fill the position of Maintenance Tradesperson- Carpenter in Hecla/Grindstone Provincial Park. Hecla/Grindstone Provincial Park is located approximately 176 km north of Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid Manitoba full stage class 5 driver’s license.
- Must possess a valid Interprovincial Journeyman Carpentry License.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position, including lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to work outdoors for extended periods under various weather conditions.
- Must be able to work weekends, overtime and statutory holidays as required.
- Experience in carpentry including building, maintenance, and repair of outdoor infrastructure.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Experience in new construction including interpreting blueprints and estimating costs and materials for construction projects
- Demonstrated ability to apply techniques of the carpentry trades, including concrete form work, framing and finishing
- Experience operating and maintaining equipment, power tools, and hand tools used in the carpentry trade
- Good working knowledge of the Manitoba Building Code and Fire Code
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience supervising staff including providing direction and managing quality of work
- Experience and or training in Workplace Safety and Health Safe work practices
This is professional journeyperson carpenter position. Under the direction and accountable to the Parks Works Supervisor 3, or designate, the incumbent is responsible for planning , designing, ordering materials, and general repair of all structures in Hecla/Grindstone, Beaver Creek and Lake St George Provincial Parks. The incumbent must be able to read blueprints and construct new buildings. The incumbent will be responsible for the renovation and maintenance of 11 historic buildings and 22 family vacation cabins. The incumbent must be able to supervise and instruct apprentices, laborer and other assistants on construction projects. The incumbent must have journeyman carpentry skills and must be able to operate all power and hand tools of the trade.
Advertisement # 39054
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source